• Accidentally close a tab? Ctrl+Shift+T reopens it.
• Bananas release dopamine, eat them when you’re sad.
• CTRL+SHIFT+ESC is the one handed version of CTRL+ALT+DEL
• Don’t brush your teeth hard, it makes them sensitive and removes enamel.
• Don’t like spiders? Put citronella oil on your walls and they will not go there.
• Drink one glass of water for every alcoholic drink you have, you’ll get drunk without getting a hangover.
• Get clear ice cubes by boiling water before freezing it
• Heal paper cuts and immediately stop the pain with chapstick.
• If you accidentally write on your dry erase board with a permanent marker, scribble over it with a dry eraser marker to remove it.
• If your shoes smell, put them in the freezer overnight, it will kill the bacteria.
• Make bug bites stop itching with a banana peel.
• Make a paper longer with 12-point text, but 14-point periods and commas.
• Need to get around a blocked website at work? Try replacing the http:// with https://
• Never send your resume as a word file (unless asked) Instead, print it to a pdf file, it’s much cleaner and professional looking.
• Pick a flavor of gum you don’t normally chew, and chew it while studying during a test.
• Place a piece of bread in a container with your homemade cookies and they will stay soft.
• Put a dry towel into a dryer with wet clothes, they will dry faster.
• Put toothpaste on a pimple and it will dry out.
• Practise fake smiling in the mirror every day before going to work/school, you’ll genuinely start to feel happier.
• Rub canola/olive oil on knives before cutting onions, you won’t cry, alternatively chew gum and you won’t either.
• Short on time with a wrinkled dress shirt? Hang it up in the bathroom to steam it flat.
• The night before, place things you don’t want to forget the next morning on top of your shoes.
• Use hydrogen peroxide to remove blood stains from clothing.
• When cleaning windows use newspapers or coffee filters instead of paper towels, they will not leave streaks.
• When microwaving bread products/pizza put a glass of water in with it, it will keep your bread for going spongy.
• When you move into a new place you’re renting, take pictures of any and all damage, then post them on facebook (privately if preferred) so you can use the reference date as proof you didn’t do it.
• When searching plane tickets online delete your cookies prior, prices go up when you visit a site multiple times. <sma
So….I totally never thought about this. I’m sure very few of you have. I don’t know about you, but I’m a bit disturbed…
SEE HOW THE BIBLE WAS EDITED OVER TIME BY RACIST PEOPLE
Those are all names that have been translated first through Aramaic, then Latin, then German then English. Nearly all ‘English’ names are derived from Latin which adopted a lot of Aramaic names. Aramaic adopted a few from Hebrew. The Hellenistic Greeks consumed the Province of Judah, and Greece itself was consumed by Rome which also consumed… England. Only ignorance of history allows you to say these names are purely European.
Peter: Derived from the Greek Πετρος (Petros) meaning “stone”. This is a translation used in most versions of the New Testament of the name Cephas, meaning “stone” in Aramaic, which was given to the apostle Simon by Jesus
Philip: From the Greek name Φιλιππος (Philippos) which means “friend of horses”, composed of the elements φιλος (philos) “friend” and ‘ιππος (hippos) “horse”. This was the name of five kings of Macedon, including Philip II the father of Alexander the Great.
Thomas: Greek form of the Aramaic name תָּאוֹמָא (Ta’oma’) which meant “twin”
And now you know. Google shall cleans you of your embarrassment. Commune regularly with the Google and you will grow wise. Because you won’t be learning this in school I promise.
I am really loving this.
I’ve never understood the stereotype that women are more likely to faint at blood
I mean seriously
what do you think we do every month
yeah i mean when i turn into a werewolf at the full moon and go hunting for human hearts to eat i’m fine
A bus driver who tried to rape a passenger at knifepoint chose the wrong victim, a court heard yesterday.
The woman, an off-duty US navy sailor, knocked the knife from his grasp, broke it in two, bit his hand, wrestled him to the ground and put him in a stranglehold between her thighs.
Having beaten him into submission, she left the bus and reported the incident to her commander.
she broke a knife in half
my biggest problem is that i aspire to be simultaneously very elegant & alluring but also abrasive as fuck
Ahh man, these are the best I’ve seen yet :P I just went full-on hysterical at A on skype… o_O
I have never laughed so hard at a tumblr post ever
Grandma is homosexual
- me: i'll just add 'haha' at the end so i don't sound mean
As brilliantly stated by Jon Stewart.